[Python-Dev] ANNOUNCE: A Python 2.1 release candidate!

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 10:32:28 -0400 (EDT)

  ESR> Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>:
  >> - Eric Raymond extended the pstats module with a simple
  >>   interactive
  >> statistics browser, invoked when the module is run as a script.

  ESR> ...which I tested by using it to speed-tune the crap out of
  ESR> CML2, dropping the configurator's startup time from over 15
  ESR> seconds to about 2 :-).

Please take a look at the bug report I filed on SF.  The
ProfileBrowser seems to have a lot of bugs.  The first several times I
tried it, it crashed with uncaught exceptions.  As an example, the
strip command tries to call a strip_order() method, which isn't
defined anywhere in the module.

Perhaps there should be a test suite for the code.  Otherwise, it's
hard to tell if it works, since it was checked in the day of the
release candidate.

Jeremy