[Python-Dev] Cygwin Python 2.1c1 test_threadedtempfile problem

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 06:16:50 -0400

I'm sure Michael is right; tried to send email about that before, but never
saw it come across; the same problem was reported recently by someone else on
SF:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&
    aid=416089&group_id=5470

(although SF appears dead now too!).

[Michael Hudson]
> Maybe modules should be removed from sys.modules when they fail to be
> imported due to an exception?

As I said in the phantom email nobody saw <wink>, this isn't the first time
we've been screwed by this in the test suite (e.g., look near the top of
test___all__.py for evidence of the last time I wrestled with this).  But I'm
pretty sure Guido explicitly declined to do what you suggest, although I
can't recall why now.

sleep-now-argue-tomorrow-ly y'rs  - tim