[Python-Dev] A kind of configuration question

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:42:22 -0400

[/F]
> I'm +0 on a pydoc command, but even if it's not added to the
> standard distribution, I'm +1 on making sure pydoc works in case
> someone wants to add a batchfile shortcut themselves.

Can you be more specific?  AMK's Tools/scripts/pydoc works on Windows,
although from a Win9x shell the text modes are more frustrating than useful,
and if you use "python" to start it instead of "pythonw" and ask for a GUI
mode, you're subject to Tk freezing the DOS box (etc) from time to time.  So
does pydoc "work" now or not in your view?  If not, what does "work" mean?

The Windows installer currently creates a Start menu item pointing to Ping's
Tools/scripts/pydoc.pyw program instead, which works fine, and just executes
pydoc.gui().