[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release

Victor the Cleaner tommy@ilm.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Jeremy asked me to send this report (which I originally sent just to
him) along to the rest of python-dev, so here ya go:

------------%< snip %<----------------------%< snip %<------------

Hey Jeremy,

Configured (--without-gcc), made and ran just fine on my IRIX6.5 O2.
The "make test" output indicated a lot of skipped modules since I
didn't do any Setup.in modifications before making everything, and the
only error came from test_unicodedata:

test test_unicodedata failed -- Writing: 'e052289ecef97fc89c794cf663cb74a64631d34e', expected: 'b88684df19fca8c3d0ab31f040dd8de89f7836fe'

Nothing else that ran had any errors.  Here's the final output:

77 tests OK.
1 test failed: test_unicodedata
24 tests skipped: test_al test_audioop test_cd test_cl test_crypt test_dbm test_dl test_gdbm test_gl test_gzip test_imageop test_imgfile test_linuxaudiodev test_minidom test_nis test_pty test_pyexpat test_rgbimg test_sax test_sunaudiodev test_timing test_winreg test_winsound test_zlib

is there anything I can do to help debug the unicodedata failure?