[Python-Dev] CVS problems

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:23:22 +0200

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 08:26:16PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> > cvs add Objects\unicodetype_db.h
> cvs server: scheduling file `Objects/unicodetype_db.h' for addition
> cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
>
> > cvs commit Objects\unicodetype_db.h
> cvs server: [11:05:10] waiting for anoncvs_python's lock in /cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Objects
>
> yet another stale lock?  if so, what happened?  and more
> importantly, how do I get rid of it?

This might not be a stale lock. Because it's anoncvs's lock, it can't be a
write lock. I've seen this before (mostly on checking out) and it does take
quite a bit for the CVS process to continue :P But in my cases, eventually
it did. If it stays longer than, say, 30m, it's probably
SF-bug-reporting-time again :P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>