[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules getpath.c,1.30,1.31

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:20:20 -0400 (EDT)

  FLD> Jeremy Hylton writes: Did you test this when argv[0] is
  FLD> something like './/foo/bin/python'?
  >>
  >> No.  Two questions: What would that mean? How could I generate
  >> it?

  FLD>   That should mean the same as './foo/bin/python' since
  FLD>   multiple '/' are equivalent to a single '/' on Unix.

Ok.  Tested with os.execv and it works correctly.

Did you see my query (in private email) about 1) whether it works on
Windows and 2) whether I should worry about platforms that don't have
a valid getcwd?

Jeremy