[Python-Dev] installer difficulties

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:34:28 -0500

> Thanks!  In the meantime, I pointed Greg to anonymous FTP at
> python.beopen.com, in directory /pub/tmp/.  That's where I orginally
> uploaded the installer, and I doubt our webmasters have had a chance to
> corrupt it yet <0.9 wink>.

Other readers of this forum may find that there is other cruft there
that may appear useful; however I believe the files found there may
not be the correct versions either.

BTW, the source tarball on the new pythonlabs.com site is also
corrupt; the docs are bad links; I suspect that the RPMs are also
corrupt.  What an embarrassment.  (We proofread all the webpages but
never thought of testing the downloads!)

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)