[Python-Dev] sizehint in readlines

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:11:00 +0200 (MET DST)

I've added support for the sizehint parameter in all places where it
was missing and the documentation referred to the file objects section
(socket, StringIO, cStringIO). The only remaining place with a
readlines function without sizehint is in multifile.py. I'll observe
that the documentation of this module is quite confused: it mentions a
str parameter for readline and readlines.

Should multifile.MultiFile.readlines also support the sizehint? (note
that read() deliberately does not support a size argument).

Regards,
Martin