[Python-Dev] Challenge about print >> None

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:46:30 -0500

> Well I still dislike "print" and map( None, ...) but yes, the societal bar
> is much higher for change than for status quo. That's how the world works.

Thanks.  You're getting over it just fine.  Don't worry!

> > If you believe I should no longer be the BDFL, say so, but please keep
> > it out of python-dev.  We're trying to get work done here.  You're an
> > employee of a valued member of the Python Consortium.  As such you can
> > request (through your boss) to be subscribed to the Consortium mailing
> > list.  Feel free to bring this up there -- there's not much else going
> > on there.
>
> What message are you replying to?
>
> According to the archives, I've sent four messages since the beginning of
> September. None of them suggest you are doing a bad job as BDFL (other
> than being wrong on this particular issue).

My apologies.  It must have been Vladimir's.  I was on the phone and
in meetings for most of the day and saw a whole slew of messages about
this issue.  Let's put this to rest -- I still have 50 more messages
to skim.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)