[Python-Dev] Need some hands to debug MacPython installer

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 00:55:01 +0200

Folks,
I need some people to test the MacPython 2.0b1 installer. It is almost
complete, only things like the readme file and some of the
documentation (on building and such) remains to be done. At least: as
far as I know. If someone (or someones) could try
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac/PythonMac20preb1Installer.bin
and tell me whether it works that would be much appreciated.
One thing to note is that if you've been building 2.0b1 MacPythons
from the CVS repository you'll have to remove your preference file
first (no such problem with older prefs files).

All feedback is welcome, of course, but I'm especially interested in
hearing which things I've forgotten (if people could check that
expected new modules and such are indeed there), and which bits of the
documentation (in Mac:Demo) needs massaging. Oh, and bugs of course,
in the unlike event of there being any:-)
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++