[Python-Dev] Re: DEBUG_SAVEALL feature for gc not in 2.0b1?

Sat, 2 Sep 2000 10:09:49 -0500 (CDT)

    Vlad> The discussion now goes on taking that one step further, i.e.
    Vlad> make sure that no cycles are created at all, ever. This is what
    Vlad> Skip wants. Skip wants to have access to the collectable garbage
    Vlad> and cleanup at best the code w.r.t. cycles.

If I read my (patched) version of gcmodule.c correctly, with the
gc.DEBUG_SAVEALL bit set, gc.garbage *does* acquire all garbage, not just
the stuff with __del__ methods.  In delete_garbage I see

    if (debug & DEBUG_SAVEALL) {
	    PyList_Append(garbage, op);
    } else {
            ... usual collection business here ...