[Python-Dev] cPickle.c out-of-date w.r.t. version in Zope 2.2.1

Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:48:14 -0500 (CDT)

    amk> There are also diffs in cStringIO.c, though not ones that affect
    amk> functionality: ...

    amk> The API changes are the most annoying ones, since you need to add
    amk> #ifdefs in order for the module to compile with both 1.5.2 and 2.0.

After posting my note I compared the Zope and Py2.0 versions of cPickle.c.
There are enough differences (ANISfication, gc, unicode support) that it
appears not worthwhile to try and get Python 2.0's cPickle to run under
1.5.2 and 2.0.  I tried simply commenting out the relevant lines in Zope's
lib/Components/Setup file.  Zope built fine without them, though I haven't
yet had a chance to test that configuration.  I don't use either cPickle or
cStringIO, nor do I actually use much of Zope, just ZServer and
DocumentTemplates, so I doubt my code would exercise either module heavily.

Skip