[Python-Dev] Prerelease Python fun on Windows!

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:05:21 -0500

> Works, too. I had a funny experience, though. I tried to quit the
> interpreter, which I'd started from a DOS box, using ^Z. And it didn't exit.

Really?  It didn't exit?  What had you done before?  I do this all the
time without problems.

> And then I started IDLE, and IDLE started up, the menus worked, I could open
> a new window, but I couldn't type anything. And then I had a bluescreen. But
> after the reboot, everything worked fine, even doing the exact same things.
>
> Could just be windows crashing on me, it does that often enough, even on
> freshly installed machines. Something about bad karma or something ;)

Well, Fredrik Lundh also had some blue screens which he'd reduced to a
DECREF of NULL in _tkinter.  Buyt not fixed, so this may still be
lurking.

On the other hand your laptop might have been screwy already by that
time...

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)