[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:12:14 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> There's also a (preliminary) port of Gtk+ to Win32:
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

FWIW, the last time I checked, this was useless.  I'd be glad to be wrong,
but I'm not holding my breath.  Not surprisingly, the GTK crowd, which is
rooted in Linux tradition (!), has little interest in Win32 ports, and
even less experience in that world.  Until that happens, a lot of
platform-agnostic projects and vendors will have a hard time w/ GTK.

I don't mean to diss GTK, just pointing out that cross-platform solutions
are important to a whole lot of communities (Python included).

--david