[Python-Dev] 2.0 articles

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
19 Oct 2000 19:01:29 +0100

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> writes:

> Before we all become focused on new features for Python 2.1, it would
> be nice to do a bit more work on raising awareness of the new features
> in 2.0.  There's little point in developing software if you don't
> actually tell anyone about it, after all.
>
> I'd like to suggest that people try to write some brief articles, just
> a few pages long, each covering a particular feature in some detail.
[snip]
> Any volunteers?

It's not as exciting as Unicode or XML, but I've thrashed out a few
hundred words on the new "setdefault" dictionary method.  It's up
here:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/setdefault.html

Tell me what you think!  There's the beginning of a longer example in
a comment at the bottom, but I felt it was getting a bit long-winded
to be of interest.

Cheers,
M.

--
  If i don't understand lisp,  it would be wise to not bray about
  how lisp is stupid or otherwise criticize, because my stupidity