[Python-Dev] can't build with threads on OSF/1

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:28:20 +0200

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 01:35:29PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Thomas Wouters wrote:
> > (Or perhaps change the patch to read 'OSF1)' instead of 'OSF*)'
> > in the case stmt, to be conservative.)

> are there really any others?

Don't know. That's why I asked it :)

> (that "1" is part of the original name, it's not a version number)

Ah, but that doesn't explain why configure.in OSF*) in some cases, and OSF1)
in others:

        case $ac_sys_system in
        OSF1)   CC=cc
                without_gcc=;;

versus

if test -z "$LDSHARED"
then
        case $ac_sys_system/$ac_sys_release in
[..]
        OSF*) LDSHARED="ld -shared -expect_unresolved \"*\"";;
[..]

I guess the OSF*) action is specific enough (most likely to lead to errors
on systems that call themselves, say, OSFORME) that we don't really have to
worry about it right now.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>