[Python-Dev] gcc versions (was:RE: Possible bug (was Re: some other junk, ...))

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

Charles G Waldman writes:
 > AFAIK, this version of GCC was never "blessed" by the GCC maintainers
 > and should not be being used for any production work.  I think
 > Mandrake did a bad thing by shipping this version.  Not quite as bad

  I agree.

 > In any case, I don't think we should put effort into chasing down bugs
 > that are caused by bogus C compilers.  Any reports coming in from
 > RedHat 7.0 users or Mandrake 7.1 need to be evaluated in this light.

  I think Skip & I were showing that there isn't a bug for Mandrake
7.1.  I don't know what version of GCC shipped with Mandrake 7.0,
which may have been the version Tim received the report for (I recall
he said "Mandrake 7", which isn't specific).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member