[Python-Dev] RE: Possible bug (was Re: numpy, overflow, inf, ieee, and rich comparison)

Mark Favas m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:47:25 +0800

Just a little unreality check - the whole world is not (yet) Linux - or
even MS. The behaviour of math.exp(-746) on my flavours of 1.5.2 on
Solaris boxes and DEC Alphas (Tru64 Unix) is the same as the behaviour
of 2.0 - OverflowError: math range error. Thus, on these platform, the
proposed fixes _will_ change behaviour. But that's cool - I like Tim's
proposed, um, steps to "rationalizing" fp behaviour, and will do what I
can to help in the future.
--
Email - m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au
        CSIRO Exploration & Mining