[Python-Dev] test_minidom non-failure failure? (take 2)

Neil Schemenauer nas@arctrix.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:20:10 -0700

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 04:10:50PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> The question, then, is what to do about the -l option.  I assume we
> should remove the -l option from the Makefile, so that "make test"
> doesn't turn on DEBUG_SAVEALL.  Or do we need to change regrtest in
> some way so that it still reports on tests that create evil things?

This is a policy decision.  Is it okay for the test suite to
create garbage that is not collectable by reference counting?  If
yes, what about garbage that is not collectable by the (current)
GC?

  Neil