[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Python ceval.c,2.207,2.208

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:41:27 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> 	Py_FatalError("Invalid argument to DUP_TOPX")
>
> It's not quite the same since it also triggers in release mode.  If,
> as Thomas says, this should never happen and can only be caused by
> garbled bytecode, a fatal error is proper rather than a SystemError.

Can't user Python code, fiddling around with bytecode, produce garbled
bytecode? In that case, it seems  even better to raise an exception.

Unless I misunderstand the discussion completely.

jumping-to-discussions-in-the-middle-ly y'rs, Z.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.