[Python-Dev] Proposal -- makefile patches and scripts to generate python RPMs

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:54:03 -0400 (EDT)

--cQL1MOyU0I

Here is the setup script I used to build the Tk RPMs.  The name and
version part is a mess and I would welcome suggestions on how to fix
it.  The problem is that Tkinter gets built against a particular
version of Python and a particular version of Tcl/Tk.  I want the name
of the RPM to indiciate both versions, but didn't seem an obvious way
to accomplish it.  Thus, I put the Python version number in the name
and the Tcl/Tk version number in the version.  Otherwise, I think this
is pretty straightforward distutils stuff (although the documentation
was out of date last I checked).

I've attached three files.  I wrote setup.py and setup.cfg.  Distutils
created MANIFEST.

Jeremy

--cQL1MOyU0I

#! /usr/bin/env python
"""Tkinter is the Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit.  Tk offers
native look and feel on most major platforms, including Unix, Windows,
and Macintosh.  The Tkinter-2.0 RPM contains the Python C extension
module for Python 2.0.  The Python source files are distributed with
the main Python distribution."""

setup(name="Tkinter-2.0",
      version="8.0",
      description="Python interface to Tk GUI toolkit",
      author="Python development team",
      author_email="pythoneers@beopen.com",
      url="http://www.pythonlabs.com/products/python2.0/",
      licence="Modified CNRI Open Source License",

      ext_modules=[Extension("_tkinter",
                            ["src/_tkinter.c", "src/tkappinit.c"],
                            define_macros=[('WITH_APPINIT', None)],
                            library_dirs=["/usr/X11R6/lib"],