[Python-Dev] pep42 procedure?

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:58:25 +1100

> I think neither.  This topic seems to have generated a lot of
> discussion.  I
> think it deserves a bit more elaboration than what you'd find
> reasonable for
> pep42.  Also, it would be kinda nice to add it to the Python FAQ with a
> reference to a specific pep for all the gory details of the problem and
> solution(s).

That would be a great idea, if only we had a PEP author.  To be honest, I
really dont care too much about this issue, and have been doing my level
best to avoid it.  But Tim knows that, and delights in assigning related
patches to me ;-)  I certainly don't care enough to own a pep on it.

The way things stand, I have a checkin ready to go, and am unwilling to
commit to any sort of pep in the short or medium term.  The best I could do
is to add links to the 3 or 4 other patches submitted for the same thing,
and pep42 seemed ideal.

So given this, what should I do - just check it in, and leave it to the
collective memory? ;-)

Mark.