[Python-Dev] Release candidate followed by feature freeze?

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:39:06 +0200 (MET DST)

> It would be hard to sell Python for important applications,
> e.g. long-running server processes, if there was a small possibility
> that the program could crash through no fault of its own.

There is always a small possibility that the program could crash
through no faults of its own - i.e. I don't believe that Python is bug
free without gc. I'd agree that bugs in the gc are more serious than
other bugs.

If it turns out that there are serious bugs in 2.0 (whether in the gc
or elsewhere), I'd hope BeOpen will release 2.0.1 shortly after they
get fixed.

Regards,
Martin