[Python-Dev] Release candidate followed by feature freeze?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 21:36:03 -0500

> What is going to be the fate of the GC?  There are currently two
> reported bugs which I have been unable to reproduce.  If its
> going to be disabled for 2.0 then it should be disabled in the
> beta release.

Good point.  I see only the one that's assigned to you (reported by
Rob Hooft):

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470&func=detailbug&bug_id=115341

What's the other?

Hooft's problem makes heavy use of Tkinter and Pmw, it seems.  Maybe
that's a clue?  Does he also use threads?  Is he willing to send his
entire program over?  (If you don't have time, we may have time at
PythonLabs!)

Anyway, I'm not yet ready to disable GC by default -- that's sensible
but also defeats the purpose...