[Python-Dev] What is --with-next-framework

Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:39:09 +0200

I've been trying to understand how --with-next-framework is supposed
to work, and on what systems it is supposed to work - with little
success.

=46rom what I understand, it will create a python2.0.dylib, and it will
pass that to the linker when linking extension modules. Fine.

What confuses me is the snippet in Modules/getpath.c, where it somehow
assumes that the Python library will live in an unversioned lib
directory relative to the location of the Python framework. How is
that supposed to work? Is anybody here willing to claim that this code
is not entirely broken?

Regards,
Martin