[Python-Dev] A house upon the sand

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:35:12 +0200

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Christian Tismer wrote:

[favorizing a standard]
> > > Mark Lutz wrote:
[standard, to avoid confusion]
> Ok. Maybe I misunderstood Mark... if what he wants is a language
> definition like e.g. the one for Java and its VM then I agree.
> This would be a good thing. OTOH, I don't see much of a point
> in giving the user a feeling of fixed standards when we are
> constantly talking about ways to break code ;-) (e.g. take the
> Py3K upgrade path PEP).

Whatever other feelings come into play, a standard would
be a good thing, IMHO.

Aside, the PERL world is thinking into this direction as well.
See this rosler article (also interesting concerning Python:)
http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/06/rosler.html

Since Python is so much cleaner and smaller (still?), this
is a chance to be the winder here.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>