[Python-Dev] Regression testing

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:48:30 -0800

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 11:37:22AM -0500, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> This morning I was looking at test_minidom.py, which contains its own
> simplistic framework for running a series of regression tests.  Maybe
> another 2.1 task could be selecting a standard unit testing framework;
> this should mostly be a matter of selecting one, since there are
> already some candidates.  I'm aware of PyUnit (pyunit.sourceforge.net)
> and the unittest.py from Quixote, and have a vague feeling I'm
> forgetting one other module.  No prizes for guessing which one I'd
> vote for. :)

Sure, if they provide a clear benefit. I.e. who will want to translate
all the existing tests. As well, I have a patch (which, I admit, I haven't
been maintaining or pushing much) to allow direct testing of the C API). I
have no experience with either of the unit testing frameworks you mention.
Will they be able to do that? Presumably yes, using the same hack that I
proposed.

http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101162&group_id=5470

Trent

--