[Python-Dev] PEP Process Inefficient?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:33:04 -0500 (EST)

Moshe Zadka writes:
 > Ummmmm....couldn't that be implemented as a mailman list with *no*
 > subscribers (subscription requests auto-bounce)
 > I probably missed something?

  Definately, but at that point, why disallow subscribers unless
there's already a forum for the PEP?
  I don't object to setting up a mailing list if there isn't one that
fits the bill, but I think Mailman is a fairly heavy way to do the
job, and server resources definately seem scarce these days, so we
don't want to overload what we have!
  (We'd probably also want to add checks that a message hasn't already
been sent along, and deal with forwards a little differently -- we
only want the forwarded message if someone is just archiving a message
received in private email.  Hmmm... this is starting to sound like an
AI problem!)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>