[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/xml/dom minidom.py,1.13,1.14

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:16:52 -0500 (EST)

Andrew Kuchling writes:
 > Yay!  This checkin may fix Bug #116677: "minidom:Node.appendChild()
 > has wrong semantics".

  Sorry; that would have taken just enough more that I didn't want to
get into that today, but it shouldn't be hard.  See my comments on the
bug page (just added).

 > Does the patch check for illegal children (bug #116678).

  No.  There's still seriously little parameter checking in minidom,
and I'm not sure I want to add that.  One of the problems people had
with PyOM was the general weight of the code, and adding all the
checks contributes to that (though I suspect the proxies in PyDOM were
a far more serious contributor).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>