[Python-Dev] RE: This Project Has Not Released Any Files

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:06:01 -0500

[Tim, on 19 October]
> From BeOpen.com's POV, so long as they were paying major bills, they
> would rather have download traffic tickle their ad banners than SF's
> ad banners.

[Martin v. Loewis]
> Even though this should have been clear to me all the time, stating it
> explicitly triggers alarms for me.
> Of course, having ftp mirrors would mean that many downloads do not
> tickle anybody's ad banners - which would probably be in the interest
> of other users as well, just not in the interest of BeOpen. So I'm
> curious how this conflict of interest is resolved...

I hope it's clear now how it got resolved:  at the time I wrote that, the
PythonLabs guys were officially but secretly unemployed.  The issue of
distributing Python was one bone of contention at The End, but not the
mongoose that pecked the python's eyes out.

or-if-you're-not-american-it-wasn't-the-straw-that-tickled-the-
    camel-to-death-ly y'rs  - tim