[Python-Dev] Integer division transition

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:17:02 +0100

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 02:06:04PM +1300, Greg Ewing wrote:
> > It's a new keyword though, which has a much
> > higher threshold for acceptance than a new two-character operator
> > symbol.

> It could be non-reserved, since a div b is currently
> a syntax error.

Except for the fact our current parser can't handle the 'a div b' syntax
without making 'div' a reserved word, which also makes 'x.div', 'class div:'
and 'def div():' invalid syntax. It might be work around-able, but .... :P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>