[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0228.txt,NONE,1.1 pep-0000.txt,1.44,1.45

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:23:43 -0500 (EST)

    TW> Well, syncmail was written to manage the Python CVS tree on a
    TW> slow Sun (I believe)

Correct.

    TW> and did an rsync-over-ssh to another machine as well. That can
    TW> definately take long ;) If we just remove the fork, the rest
    TW> of syncmail might just work, even with new files. In the mean
    TW> time, I'll check in my change. It might be the best thing to
    TW> do anyway, since it shouldn't interfere unless the file isn't
    TW> there.

Your patch looks good Thomas, thanks for tracking this down.  IIRC,
without the fork, the checkin would actually deadlock trying to get
the diff.

-Barry