[Python-Dev] Re: Revamping Python's Numeric Model

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:16:46 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> Euh... is process getting in the way of progress?

Perhaps. Well, I won't let it get in the way more then a few more hours --
I'll allocate myself a PEP. It's  easier to get forgiveness then
permission <wink>

> I'm not sure what you're saying here. That a PEP author should develop the
> PEP entirely in private? Only when it is fully-cooked, that it should be
> published?

Far from it. Only tht the discussion tends to clutter up Python-Dev too
much, so I want to moderate it by way of private mail to me-> checking
to the PEP. I hope everyone here trust me to be honest enough not to
censor competing points.

> Bleh. A PEP should be a work-in-progress. Publish an empty version. Publish
> a first draft. Revise. Revise. Revise.

I intend to.

> Comments on PEPs are generated when people feel their are listened to. If a
> PEP author develops a PEP entirely in secret

All future revisions will be in the Python CVS. Only security through
obscurity can keep me secret there <wink>
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez