[Python-Dev] Re: Revamping Python's Numeric Model

Sun, 5 Nov 2000 12:21:14 +0100

> And to long term users of C/Perl/etc., once they map the numerical
> concepts correctly. But I hardly thing we should be arguing about this
> at this stage: I'm willing to leave this as an open issue in the PEP,
> if this is all you find wrong with it...

Sorry I didn't mention it: Overall, I like your proposal very well.
I'm missing the section on implementation strategies, though.

> And a request to all Python-Devvers: please direct comments directly
> to me, and I promise I'll summarize them all in the PEP. As soon as
> I get a PEP number, I'll publish an updated version, with all
> objections and open issues sumarized.

Yes, that is a tricky part of the PEP procedure: not commenting in the
public initially. I think PEP authors can contribute by not posting
the text of their PEP publically.

Regards,
Martin