[Python-Dev] Revamping Python's Numeric Model

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:56:08 -0800

Oh, this is just simple:

  (1.2).isreal()
  1.2 .isreal()

As Thomas said, fixing the grammar/parser would be rather difficult, so just
expect people to use parens or an extra space if they want to use it on a
constant.

[ of course, it is very silly to make *any* changes to the grammar just to
  allow people to use these on a constant; that is quite a silly "usage"
  that we don't need to pander to; the above "workarounds", if you will, are
  sufficient for the bozos who use it on a constant. ]

Cheers,
-g