[Python-Dev] Modules/makesetup loop

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:04:34 -0500 (EST)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > I created a new directory.  I executed 'OPT="-O3" ../configure'.  It
 > placed three files in Modules: Makefile.pre, Setup, and Setup.config.
 >
 > I ran "make" and it immediately reported an error:
 > "../../Modules/makesetup Setup.config Setup.local Setup" reports "cat:
 > Setup.local: No such file or directory"

  Very interesting!  The first thing I get is this:

(cd Modules; make -f Makefile.pre Makefile)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fdrake/projects/python/temp/Modules'
echo "# Edit this file for local setup changes" >Setup.local
rm -rf ../libpython2.0.a
/bin/sh ../../Modules/makesetup Setup.config Setup.local Setup
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fdrake/projects/python/temp/Modules'

  Can you capture stout & stderr from a clean configure & make and
mail it to me?
  Thanks!

  -Fred

--