[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0204.txt,1.4,1.5

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:32:13 -0500 (EST)

    GS> Shouldn't we allow other people to tweak PEP 0? It would
    GS> certainly lighten Barry's administrative overload.

I certainly don't mind at the very least, people modifying PEP 0 when
the status of their own peps change.

    GS> I mean, geez... this is what source control is about. Let a
    GS> lot of people in there, but be able to back up in case
    GS> somebody totally goofs it.

    GS> This goes for adding new PEPs, too. I'm not as convinced here,
    GS> since some level of "good enough for a PEP" filtering is
    GS> probably desirable, but then again, it would seem that the
    GS> people with commit access probably have that filter in their
    GS> head anyways.

    GS> Just a thought... how can we grease things up a bit more...

I do like to make a sanity pass through the text before approving it,
just to make sure we've got consistent format throughout the peps.
Also, I know we're all on "internet time" here <wink>, but one day
isn't too much time to let pass before taking action on things. :)
I'd also prefer it if there's /some/ limited editorial review before
these things get added.

That having been said, I'm very happy if someone wants to co-edit the
peps.  The pep 0 re-organization and slacker scolding would definitely
benefit from more than one watchdog.

Volunteers? :)

-Barry