[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0204.txt,1.4,1.5

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:07:29 -0800

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:44:06AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     >> Update this PEP to current, harsh, reality. It's been rejected
>     >> :) If at all possible, the reasoning should be extended to
>     >> include the real reasons it was rejected -- this is just
>     >> guesswork from my side. (This means you, Guido, or anyone who
>     >> can channel Guido enough to call himself Guido.)
>
>     TW> In addition to that, PEP 0 also needs to be updated. Shall I
>     TW> do that myself, now that Barry is apparently away ?
>
> I've just done it.

Shouldn't we allow other people to tweak PEP 0? It would certainly lighten
Barry's administrative overload.

I mean, geez... this is what source control is about. Let a lot of people in
there, but be able to back up in case somebody totally goofs it.

This goes for adding new PEPs, too. I'm not as convinced here, since some
level of "good enough for a PEP" filtering is probably desirable, but then
again, it would seem that the people with commit access probably have that
filter in their head anyways.

Just a thought... how can we grease things up a bit more...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/