[Python-Dev] Extension on Solaris: ld -G or gcc -G?

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 26 May 2000 08:24:23 -0400

On 25 May 2000, Guido van Rossum said:
> Two excuses: (1) long ago, you really needed to use ld instead of cc
> to create a shared library, because cc didn't recognize the flags or
> did other things that shouldn't be done to shared libraries; (2) I
> didn't know there was a problem with using ld.
>
> Since you have now provided a patch which seems to work, why don't you
> check it in...?

Done.  I presume checking in configure.in and configure at the same time
is the right thing to do?  (I checked, and running "autoconf" on the
original configure.in regenerated exactly what's in CVS.)

        Greg