[Python-Dev] 1.5.2 -> 1.6 Changes

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:14:41 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

Guido van Rossum :
> See what I've done to Moshe's list: http://www.python.org/1.6/

Very fine, but I have a few small annotations:

1.'linuxaudio' has been renamed to 'linuxaudiodev'

2.The following text:

  "_tkinter - support for 8.1,8.2,8.3 (no support for versions older than 8.0)."

  looks a bit misleading, since it is not explicit about Version 8.0.x
  I suggest the following wording:

  "_tkinter - supports Tcl/Tk from version 8.0 up to the current 8.3.
   Support for versions older than 8.0 has been dropped."

3.'src/Tools/i18n/pygettext.py' by Barry should be mentioned.  This is
  a very useful utility.  I suggest to append the following text:

   "New utility pygettext.py -- Python equivalent of xgettext(1).
    A message text extraction tool used for internationalizing
    applications written in Python"

Regards, Peter