[Python-Dev] SRE: what to do with undocumented attributes?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:16:53 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
>btw, "pattern" doesn't make much sense in SRE -- who says
>the pattern object was created by re.compile?  guess I'll just
>set it to None in other cases (e.g. sregex, sreverb, sgema...)

Good point; I can imagine fabulously complex patterns assembled
programmatically, for which no summary could be made.  I guess there
could be another attribute that also gives the class (module?
function?) used to compile the pattern, but more likely, the pattern
attribute should be deprecated and eventually dropped.

You know how she is when she gets an idea into her head. I mean, when one
finally penetrates.
  -- Desire describes Delirium, in SANDMAN #41: "Brief Lives:1"