[Python-Dev] socketmodule with SSL enabled

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:12:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I had to make the following one-line change to socketmodule.c so that it
> > would link properly with openssl-0.9.4. In studying the openssl include
> > files, I found:
> >
> > #define SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms()   SSL_library_init()
> >
> > SSL_library_init() seems to be the "correct" call nowadays. I don't know
> > why this isn't being picked up. I also don't know how well the module
> > works, other than it imports, but I sure would like to try it with
> > Zope/ZServer/Medusa...
>
> Strange -- the version of OpenSSL I have also calls itself 0.9.4
> ("OpenSSL 0.9.4 09 Aug 1999" to be precise) and doesn't have
> SSL_library_init().
>
> I wonder what gives...

I don't know. Right after I made the patch, I found that 0.9.5 is
available, and I was able to successfully compile against that version
(with the patch).

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d