[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules _tkinter.c,1.91,1.92

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:24:46 -0500

> Are you sure that the call to 'TclpInitLibraryPath(baseName);'
> is not required in Tcl/Tk 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 ?
> I would propose the following:
>
> +#if TKMAJORMINOR >= 8001
> + TclpInitLibraryPath(baseName);
> +# endif /* TKMAJORMINOR */

It is an internal routine which shouldn't be called at all by the
user.  I believe it is called internally at the right time.  Note that
we now call Tcl_FindExecutable(), which *is* intended to be called by
the user (and exists in all 8.x versions) -- maybe this causes
TclpInitLibraryPath() to be called.

I tested it on Solaris, with Tcl/Tk versions 8.0.4, 8.1.1, 8.2.3 and
8.3.0, and it doesn't seem to make any difference, as long as that
version of Tcl/Tk has actually been installed.  (When it's not
installed, TclpInitLibraryPath() doesn't help either.)

I still have to check this on Windows -- maybe it'll have to go back in.

[...]
> Sorry, but I don't know enough about this in connection with the
> unicode patches and if we should pay attention to this.

It seems to be allright...