[Python-Dev] Great Renaming - Straw Man 0.2

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:55:56 +0200

> Okay, here's another shot at it.  Notice a few things:
> bin
>         image
>         sound

These I don't like, I think image and sound should be either at toplevel, or
otherwise in a separate package (mm?). I know images and sounds are
customarily stored in binary files, but so are databases and other things.

Hmm, the bin group in general seems to be a bit of a catch-all. gzip, zlib and
chunk definitely belong together, but struct is a wholly different beast.