[Python-Dev] Great Renaming - Straw Man 0.2

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:09:02 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> This is a great start. I have two comments:
>
> 1) keep it *very* shallow. depth just makes it conceptually difficult.

I tried, and Ping shallowed it even more.
BTW: Anyone who cares to comment, please comment on Ping's last
suggestion. I pretty much agree with the changes he made.

> 2) you're pushing too hard. modules do not *have* to go into a package.
>    there are some placements that you've made which are very
>    questionable... it appears they are done for movement's sake rather
>    than for being "right"

Well, I'm certainly sorry I gave that impression -- the reason I wans't
"right" wasn't that, it was more my desire to be "fast" -- I wanted to
have some proposal out the door, since it is harder to argue about
something concrete. The biggest prrof of concept that we all agree is that
no one seriously took objections to anything -- there were just some minor
nits to pick.

--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html