[Python-Dev] 1.6 job list

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:32:14 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Greg Stein writes:
> >  > Or in the "network" package that was suggested a month ago?
>
> [Fred]
> >   +1
>
> Which reminds me of another reason to wait: coming up with the right
> package hierarchy is hard.  (E.g. I find network too long; plus, does
> htmllib belong there?)

htmllib does not go there. Where does it go? Dunno. Leave it unless/until
somebody comes up with a place for it.

We package up obvious ones. We don't have to design a complete hierarchy.
There seemed to be a general "good feeling" around some kind of network
(protocol) package. Call it "net" if "network" is too long.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/