[Python-Dev] 1.6 job list

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:00:19 -0500 (EST)

Greg Stein writes:
 > Or in the "network" package that was suggested a month ago?

  +1

 > And why *can't* we start on repackaging old module? I think the only
 > reason that somebody came up with to NOT do it was "well, if we don't
 > repackage the whole thing, then we should repackage nothing."  Which, IMO,
 > is totally bogus. We'll never get anywhere operating under that principle.

  That doesn't bother me, but I tend to be a little conservative
(though usually not as conservative as Guido on such matters).  I
*would* like to decided theat 1.7 will be fully packagized, and not
wait until 2.0.  As long as 1.7 is a "testing the evolutionary path"
release, I think that's the right thing to do.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>