[Python-Dev] Unicode and Windows

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:24:13 -0500 (EST)

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > You have a point there... even though it breaks the notion
 > of prepending all parameters with an '&' (ok, except the

  I've never heard of this notion; I hope I didn't just miss it in the
docs!
  The O& also doesn't require a & in front of the name of the
conversion function, you just pass the right value.  So there are at
least two cases where you *typically* don't use a &.  (Other cases in
the 1.5.2 API are probably just plain weird if they don't!)
  Changing it to avoid the extra machinery is the Right Thing; you get
to feel good today.  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>