[Python-Dev] Set options

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:42:55 -0600 (CST)

    Skip> If new syntax is in the offing as some have proposed,

    Moshe> FWIW, I'm against new syntax. The core-language has changed quite
    Moshe> a lot between 1.5.2 and 1.6 --

I thought we were talking about Py3K, where syntax changes are somewhat more
expected.  Just to make things clear, the syntax change I was referring to
was the value-less dict syntax that someone proposed a few days ago:

    myset = {"a", "b", "c"}

Note that I wasn't necessarily supporting the proposal, only acknowledging
that it had been made.

In general, I think we need to keep straight where people feel various
proposals are going to fit.  When a thread goes for more than a few messages
it's easy to forget.

--
Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/