[Python-Dev] first public SRE snapshot now available!

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:23:59 +0100

I just uploaded the first public SRE snapshot to:

    http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/sre.htm

-- this kit contains windows binaries only (make
   sure you have built the interpreter from a recent
   CVS version)

-- the engine fully supports unicode target strings.
   (not sure about the pattern compiler, though...)

-- it's probably buggy as hell.  for things I'm working
   on at this very moment, see:

   http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/sre/status.htm

I hope to get around to fix the core dump (it crashes half-
ways through sre_fulltest.py, by no apparent reason) and
the backreferencing problem later today.  stay tuned.

</F>

PS. note that "public" doesn't really mean "suitable for the
c.l.python crowd", or "suitable for production use".  in other
words, let's keep this one on this list for now.  thanks!